Wednesday 4 December 2013

INTRODUCTION

Hello all

This blog is about my everyday life at home with two children. I will also tell you about Finland - the pluses and minuses  of this cold and isolated country in northern Europe. The third point in this blog is to figure out life - and how children change it. That's about as much as I will tell you at this point.

After studying and working my whole life I have decided to give more time for my children now when I have the chance to do so. I also want to give my wife the opportunity to go back to work after spending two years at home and she defenetly wants to go to work... ;) I will start my fathernity leave on the 23rd of December and I will be staying at home until the end of August 2014. At that time we are planing of putting the children to daycare.

I live in Finland and am born in 1975.  I will call my boys S and D in this blog. S was born in August 2011 and D in March 2013. We have a two-languaged home - I speak finnish and my wife talks swedish to the children. We speak finnish to each other. And I decided to blog in english for two reasons: Firstly I want my english to get better - I once spoke english at home for three years. Now I feel I'm loosing my "fluentness". Secondly I want people in other parts of the world to know about Finland and about our country and culture. Comments are welcome.

Anyway  - I will get back to you when I have started my fathernity leave at home. After that you will get a closer look into our everyday life.  

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Sounds like a wonderful idea, and you won't run out of things to write about for sure :-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete