Wednesday 26 February 2014


Feelings and frostbites

I’m finally writing my blog again. I totally underestimated the amount of time that you are busy with taking care of the kids. During the writing process of these last two sentences I have taken the antenna wire and a cream bottle out of my 11month olds mouth. Besides that it’s impossible to write this at the moment since both S and D want to “help” me write with the computer. And still – I love this. Just two days ago I started feeling sorry that I have to go back to work after six months ;). I think the feelings I’ve experienced have been  more or less the same than with all other parents that are home taking care of the children – it requires patience, sometimes you feel tired and once in a while you are happy when the kids are asleep although feeling like that gives you a bad conceusness.   But on the other hand it’s a very healthy kind of lifestyle – you wake up every morning latest at 6:30. Then between 06:30 a.m and 05:30 p.m you have maybe 20 minutes to sit down by yourself if the kids happen to sleep at the same time.

Anyway, January and February are over now – the spring is slowly coming to us. It’s been a really warm winter. The whole of February the temperature has been over 0 celcius, and we have been able to play outside a lot. In January there was only one colder period of three weeks when the temperatures were between -10 and -20 degrees celcius. We didn’t go out much during that time – I found out the hard way on the first cold day. We walked for an hour and the younger one got frostbite on his left cheek. First the skin turned red after that blueish and hard. Now the skin is normal again but it took a month to heel. We did not treat the skin except in the beginning for a week with Bepanthen twice a day. I really hope it doesn’t get cold anymore this winter

No comments:

Post a Comment